Saturday, July 23, 2011

We have 2 choices CARE ABOUT OTHERS, OR YOURSELF.

   Today I was driving back home from the vet. and I saw something that was surprising, yet not surprising at the same time. I was at very busy intersection and this car was turning left and did not wait for the cross traffic to clear. This car proceeded to hit the car that had the right away hard on the drivers side, and burnt rubber ( didn't even stop). The lady that got hit stopped because that's what anyone would do. The person that hit the car kept going ( he must have been riding dirty ). Well the cars behind this poor lady started to honk at her ass if she was a nuisance and no one got out to check on her to see if she was okay. I would have checked on her, but I was in no position to get to her. By the time I was able to drive ( green light ) she had driven off from all the honkers behind her. What would have you done? Got out and helped , or thought about yourself and honked at her so you could get home to your house?

   Just look at today's kids. They make videos of other kids getting their a$$ whooped and put it up on the Internet thinking it's funny. Where has the compassion and happy people gone? Will you be the person with compassion or the person who is only concerned about what affects your life? If your the second choice you can change now and help change this would to a better place. We as humans have good habits and bad habits. In this case a good habit is helping others. If you have the good habit , pass it on. If you have the bad habit you can fix that by changing your behavior now not later.

  Yesterday I saw this old person in his scooter going down a hill on a busy street. I thought to myself if he hit a curb or rock and tipped over. Would I (1) help, (2) laugh, (3) drive off? I would choose number 1. What would you choose? You can take this question and apply it to every aspect of your life. Look at the corporate world. All of the big wigs with power are choosing #2 and #3. They are laughing all the way to the bank while they drive off after you fell over ( got laid off ). Look at these inhuman videos on T.V. or the Internet. People either laying dead in the street or getting killed and people choosing #2, and #3. EVERY PERSON IN THIS WORLD NEEDS TO START CHOOSING # 1 NOW, NOT LATER.

 QUOTE of the day ; Be absolutely determined to enjoy what you do. ( Gerry Sikorski )

4 comments:

  1. I really think this is a very interesting observations because as we get older, our empathy matures, and our perspective about the world changes. One of the things about humans is that we all mature at different rates, and for some, their empathetic maturity never really grows. This is not something we learn in school or work, but something we learn by life events. So the CEO of company X may not be as morally matured because his past behaviors have not been reinforced by supporting outcomes that support growth in this area.

    In general, I think there are events in our lives that help us mature and for some people, they just have not had the opportunity to experience something that will change their behavior - yet.

    Of course everything I am writing is not conclusive, but it is obvious to me that some of us do get more empathetic over time- but not everyone.

    So the topic can be complex and difficult to really grasp. My point is to choose #1 when I can and hope someone else chooses #1 when I cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry, I like what you wrote and what you said is so true. I wish this whole world we live in starts choosing #1. There are way to many #2's in this world. Everyday I blog its gonna be about anything. I am not one of those bloggers who just blogs about 1 subject. I am going to blog about my thoughts. That way I have an endless blog life. Thanks for reading and I hope you keep returning and spread the word about my new blog page. I am learning that I am really liking this blog game. Until next time choose #1. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog looks great! I had a blog a few years back and it took a good year for it to really get going. I now just started a technical blog but have not had much time to update it (www.alienoutpost.net). As you can see, whatever you put in it, you get out. I'll be putting your site in my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Henry . That means a lot. I have no idea what I am doing. All I am doing is say what's on my mind and the way I look at things. I will be blogging about a lot of things. Once again, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete